Tuesday 8 September 2015

Looking into My Inquiry Question

My question:

'Enhancing practice as a dance teacher by combining pedagogy and creativity, with my students from my theatre school within the studio.'

From looking at my title I need to make it more specific and shorter so people understand the question quicker with it being more to the point. I also need to change it as my ethics have slightly altered which may have an impact on certain words within the question.

Whilst looking into literature and doing a couple of literature reviews I feel that the understanding of my inquiry is becoming easier to visualise and the intentions and goals are becoming clearer. To help with shortening my question I am going to write down the intentions of my inquiry and the goals of what I would like to achieve to gain further vocabulary for the question.

Whilst reading books about pedagogy/ dance teaching and creativity I believe that my knowledge will become greater about previous work others have already done. With this I would like to compare, liken or disagree with this knowledge/opinion, to my own opinions and findings I have gathered over the past 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. Kirstie
    Yes I still agree this inquiry needs focus
    'Enhancing practice as a dance teacher by combining pedagogy and creativity, with my students from my theatre school within the studio.'
    it is clear that you want this time spent on the degree to be purposeful for you practice - the direction of the learning is going in the right direction - but the key concepts need to be refined - pedagogy and creativity need to be defined in order to operate as starting points and to enable your stop see how the ideas operate in dance tuition.
    These idea stages can be messy - and it is an exploration that builds on what you know - I think a focus is now on performance - acting in dance?

    ReplyDelete