Wednesday 7 October 2015

Module 3 - The Final Stretch

 
After being introduced over Skype by Paula into Module three it became apparent to me that from my feedback and conversation I need to make my vision and inquiry clearer and more specific.
Many times the words PERFORMANCE and CREATIVITY were coming into conversation. At which point Paula challenged me to answer what is PERFORMANCE and CREATIVITY?



 
 

 
I believe that I needed to go away and research both of these areas as they are so vast and big. To do this I need to narrow down what it is that I want to understand about both words and how I can incorporate them into helping me to make changes to my practice and future goals.
 
At the momet if anyone asks what I am doing and looking into will be;
Changes to my professional practice and my future goals.
This is not my final question but for now this is what I am finding out without a specific question until I have researched further.
 

------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------
 
We spoke about many other tasks I need to complete as well as the Tasks within the Mod 3 Handbook. I need to make sure that I write literature reviews and look into the Author and understand if it is a reliable source. To do this I will look into the contents page to gain knowledge on the authors experiences prior to writing the book/journal etc.
 
For me to fully take in everything that had been said I have made a spider diagram with certain headings to help me out. These headings are;
- My influences as a performer and how I learnt
- PERFORMANCE
- Literature
- My own Experiences of teaching.
Here I will add to it as I progress by adding pictures, experiences, memories, literature I have come across tohelp finalise my question quicker as I will have a clearer root.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kirstie - have you seen performance and creativity twyla tharp http://www.twylatharp.org/content/creative-habit-learn-it-and-use-it-life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mindmap, Kirstie, and will use this for my Module 3 plan. How did you get on with your narrowed-down literature search in the end? I created a Venn diagram now to define exactly what literature is worth pursuing, but I agree - when you explore an abstract term such as creativity (I am exploring 'marketing' and 'producing' in arts management), it's vital to understand what these terms actually mean to us and our inquiry.

    ReplyDelete