Tuesday 21 April 2015

Task 6C: The Title to my Professional Inquiry (Part 1)

What I wanted to incorporate within my title?

As I have been researching into so many avenues from a specific idea I found it difficult to narrow my question down without making it too long. As I kept going through each section I wanted to look into whilst gaining the information I wanted to achieve for my own practice I realised that the main thing I want to do is to enhance my own practice as a dance teacher. This has helped me to discard any title that will limit my research.

My Draft Title I am starting to look at expanding:

Enhancing and advancing my practice as a dance teacher.
 
After this I then realised that this isn't what I want to achieve so sent a new version of the title;
 
Enhancing and advancing my practice and creativity of teaching as a dance teacher.
 
Once I sent my idea to Paula I realised that the title doesn't have much body. Paula also agreed and sent back that the question was too vague. I have taken Paula's advice and I am trying to develop a title with more depth and an issue that needs resolving.
 
Paula gave me the question of; What issues are you trying to respond to? (creativity? curriculum? performance? pedagogy?).
 
From thinking about Paula's question I now know that I am not looking into curriculum. However, I do know that the other three issues link with my research and could play a part within my professional inquiry.
Below I have researched the definitions of each issue so I know that I am 100% sure which one or two I would like to look into but, most importantly which one relates the most to the research I have been looking into.
Definition of Creativity: (Mass Noun) The use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness: 'firms are keen to encourage creativity'. (Oxford Dictionaries)
Definition of Performance: (noun) An act of presenting a play, concert, or other form of entertainment. (Oxford Dictionaries) 
Definition of Pedagogy: (Mass Noun) The method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept: 'The relationship between applied linguistics and language pedagogy'. (Oxford Dictionaries)
I now need to go away and broaden my question and figure out which issue/s it is that I would like to include within my title.


No comments:

Post a Comment