Tuesday 21 April 2015

Preparing for my Interviews (Part 1)

When starting to look at my interviews I had a clear idea with who I wanted to get in touch with to have a variety of answers which may be similar or completely the opposite to what others have said.
The professions that I have chosen to get in touch with are;

- Primary School Teacher.

- SEN Teaching Assistant (Primary School).

- PE/Dance Teacher (Secondary School).

- Principle of a Dance School.

- Choreographer working in London with Professionals.
Before approaching each person I decided to write a letter explaining what I was doing, what I wanted to achieve and how they could be apart of my inquiry by helping me by me doing an interview setting so I could listen and learn from the knowledge which they have developed through their own professions.
Within the letter it does not make them feel they have to but explains more so as to why I want to do interviews. It also states that there name and identity will remain anonymous when their own opinions are presented anywhere within my work. This will hopefully make them feel more at ease to say yes to being apart of my inquiry as they know that they can give honest answers about each question without being penalised for it in the future.
Ideally for the letters I would like to get 3/4 back to have a variety of questions. If this does not happen and only have 2 I have carefully decided who I choose because anyone's answers, regarding their own professions, will be very different and useful to me.

Preparing for the Interviews

At the moment I have drafted nine questions with smaller questions to ask off those bigger questions. I have left room for more just in case if new research/information comes up as I am researching and I would like to add that to my interview.
I have also put a paragraph to say to them before the interview to remind them what my title is and why I am researching this specific idea. Below is the draft of the paragraph I will say before the interview;-

I am currently undertaking a degree in Professional Practice within the Arts. For my personal inquiry I have decided to look into one of my practices that I would like to enhance and become more knowledgeable for my students that I teach.
At the moment I have my own business of a theatre school but I am just basing my inquiry on the dance classes I provide within my school. I have been researching into many different learning styles that theorists have been researching for many years and am trying to understand if they are correct or are flawed. I have also looked into the debate about learning styles, in particularly the V-A-K as it seems to be the most common within schools. I have also been looking into two specific learning difficulties that I am/have dealt with in the past but would like to know more about the way in which they find easier to learn to improve my understanding further.
As well as looking into the different learning styles I want to be able to cater for as many students as possible and to offer the learning of movement/material/performance/steps/rhythm etc. in a colourful and stimulating way to achieve the best that they can be within dance.
Please feel free to elaborate on any question I ask even if it doesn’t stay quiet on track it may also be very helpful for my investigation. Any information you have given me  within the interview will be anonymous when presented within any information I hand in or write about.
As a draft I am happy with the way the paragraph is structured but I know it will need to be looked over and added to or have certain bits taken out. I will keep adding to my questions and expand on the questions I have already written down.

No comments:

Post a Comment