Wednesday 15 October 2014

TASK 1d: 2d Images

Whilst plucking up the courage to continue with Task 1c I have decided to go onto Task 1d.

Every picture gives a person memories that they can treasure and hold onto.

Whilst opening a Flickr account it dawned on me at how many pictures I have. I knew I had a lot but I didn't realise how 'snap happy' I have been over the years. When sorting through the photos individually they all leave me with different memories and emotions, just from that single second shot taken at that specific time.
 
On my Flickr account I have added pictures of previous shows/performances I have been involved in, however deciding on each picture was difficult as I didn't want to clog up my account with too many pictures of the same experience. As a professional I want these pictures to show my versatility as well as what I have been apart of already. They show backstage and onstage shots but I would also like to add to it and gain some rehearsal shots next.

Here is my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128429796@N07/

Please feel free to browse through my photos that I have uploaded. I will be adding to my Flickr account of images of where my professional career takes me.

Do we spend more time looking through a camera ready to capture a memory, rather than living it?

http://www.muddybootdreams.com/2014
When on holiday in Paris this year I knew I would take a lot of photographs as I love to look back and I also enjoy showing friends and family where I have been. However once into the second day I realised how much people in the 21st century enjoy there holidays/experiences through a camera rather than living every moment of that exciting, wonderful time with the people around them. Photographs are such a fantastic item to treasure but wouldn't you like to look at a few pictures and remember the experience, laughter and fun had at that specific moment rather than look back and not know what you were doing at that specific point?

The quote to the left is a quote I am going to keep to as you never get the same moment twice!


http://mkalty.org/photography-quotes/
However I understand that we could not live without pictures as they remind us of where we have come from and the adventures we have been on as individuals. This is very important to me as I enjoy to reminisce and remember the different people who have entered my life at certain points. I love to have a lot of pictures of different dates so in the future I could show my children and grandchildren what I have done but be able to tell the story to go with each picture memory.



Images in the Profession

I realise pictures speak one thousand words, and so I need to be careful, within the professions I am in, with where I upload each image and ask myself if I am happy for the public to view them (even if they are on a secure website/social media page). As a professional performer and teacher the way I portray myself in an image on the web has to be appropriate and how I would be face to face.

I was very interested to see if any pictures of myself came up when writing my name into the search engine, google. I was very surprised to see that both my headshots came up on the first page near the top. As a professional and teacher I know that I wouldn't want any pictures on the web that I would be embarrassed by as this may damage my reputation in both industry's.

However pictures are vital in both professions as I can show what I have achieved as a teacher with pictures of the children/teenagers in shows and rehearsal processes to market my business as well as  a Headshot and other professional pictures for my career as a performer to market myself in the same way.

I am aware that I will need permission and a written signature of a parent/guardian for the use of a photograph with there child in but I also need to ask permission from anyone 18+ if it is ok to use a picture they are in, as I would not want them to feel embarrassed by a picture or for it to damage there career in any way.


1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that you mention that people seem to live through their phones these days - I feel the same, and I'm guilty of it myself! Every single show I do I get a 'selfie' or a 'mirror-shot' with the cast. I too like to look back and remind myself of the shows and events I've done - I want to look at them when I'm 80 and say "Kids, this is what your nanna looked like when I was your age!"
    For audiences it's a different thing, I suppose. I've been to a lot of live events where the host or compere has told people right at the start to put down their phones and live in the moment and enjoy the show as it's actually happening, but for some people it seems like an impossibility! Like they can't watch the show unfolding before their eyes but want to watch it through a tiny little camera phone screen!
    Thank you for a fab read!
    xx

    ReplyDelete